by clicking the arrows at the side of the page, or by using the toolbar.
by clicking anywhere on the page.
by dragging the page around when zoomed in.
by clicking anywhere on the page when zoomed in.
web sites or send emails by clicking on hyperlinks.
Email this page to a friend
Search this issue
Index - jump to page or section
Archive - view past issues
Future Freight Networks : Yearbook 2016
77 FUTURE FREIGHT NETWORKS 2016 COMPANY PROFILE Y COMPANY PROFILE Sanders says leading organisations are attracted to MobileDOCK’s low set-up costs, ease of use, and ability to create tangible early gains. ‘In the short term, clients see real results in delivery- dock efficiencies when they move to our system. Longer-term, they know our technology is helping them better manage delivery-dock risks.’ How MobileDOCK is helping Emporium Melbourne Emporium Melbourne highlights the benefits of MobileDOCK. The dynamic new retail precinct, in the heart of Melbourne, has about 360 tenants, 650 transport carriers, 380 suppliers and 250 buyers. It receives thousands of deliveries each month, such is its popularity. Through MobileDOCK, more than 90 per cent of deliveries at Emporium Melbourne are now made and approved automatically online. No interaction is required from dock management. Average vehicle time on site has fallen from 44 minutes to about 25 minutes, and delivery- dock congestion has been eliminated. The conversion of 7000 square metres of floor space at Emporium Melbourne to retail areas, which would otherwise have been needed for long ramps for deliveries, was another key return on investment. MobileDOCK also ensures that unauthorised vehicles are identified, and visit duration and purpose is known before entry at Emporium Melbourne, thus enhancing site security. These and other results from MobileDOCK helped Emporium Melbourne to win the 2015 SMART Innovation award for its dock- management systems at the SMART conference gala dinner in Melbourne. ‘Emporium Melbourne is a good example of an organisation that has the foresight to connect delivery-dock communities online,’ says Sanders. ‘The benefits are significant.’ Bestrane’s capacity for innovation MobileDOCK is Bestrane’s latest innovation, and part of its broader strategy to develop technology solutions based on decades of combined transport-consulting expertise. Sanders founded Bestrane in 2003 to fill a gap between transport consultancies and software providers. He is one of Australia’s most respected transport consultants, having held senior positions at AT Kearney and Deloitte Consulting, where he was Supply Chain Practice Leader. The Melbourne-based firm works with some of Australia’s largest organisations on route planning and scheduling, dock-appointment scheduling, visibility and execution, sales and territory planning, transport management, online reservations for business and home deliveries, end-to-end distribution solutions and supply-chain modelling. Sanders says Bestrane has three core strengths. The first is its market position between traditional management consultants and technology vendors. ‘Transport consultancies advise companies on what they should do, and vendors sell products,’ he says. ‘We wanted to be able to utilise relevant, fit-for-purpose software for the job, oversee its implementation and provide an ongoing platform for support for our clients ... a vision well beyond delivering a consulting report.’ A focus on early results is Bestrane’s second strength, says Sanders. ‘We are great believers in clients banking early gains from supply-chain efficiencies that we engineer for them. All too often, technology projects are planned, rescoped and adjusted to take into account all kinds of process variances. This process drives time into the project and delays the date that benefits flow through to the bottom line. We’d rather go live with 80 per cent of the project than wait for six months for the remaining 20 per cent if it means our clients can benefit sooner from our work.’ Bestrane’s next strength is its staff, which now comprises 15 employees. ‘We have an excellent, multi-skilled team that has specialist consulting and software experience, and many decades of combined experience in the transport industry. We also have longstanding relationships with key technology vendors and third-party suppliers that benefit our clients.’ Sanders adds, ‘In some ways, Bestrane is becoming an incubator for innovations, such as MobileDOCK, which builds on our intellectual property. It’s an exciting phase for Bestrane and our customers as these innovations find different ways to create new solutions and value.’ To learn more about Bestrane, visit www.bestrane.com.au. For information on MobileDOCK, visit www.MobileDOCK.com. 500576E_Bestrane I 2242.indd 25 11/05/2016 4:54 PM